Monday

the CONTINUING ADVENTURES

Alas,I must say so long to a Trusted friend,a friend who turned out not to be trusted especially with my money!I am speaking of one of my sponsors,the one so many of you have written to say you got invaluable info from,GOOGLE!
In their infinite wisdom,Google is claiming that "unauthorized" cliking was taking place,(somebody out there was trying to help a little to much).For this implied but unproven allegation,they have confiscated ALL OF MY EARNINGS!!

I request that any and ALL OF YOU who have ever clicked on a Google ad while at one of my sites,to PLEASE email: adsense-support@google.com quoting client number #32875,and let them know how you benefited from my ads,and that your use of them was voluntary and not an effort to artificially inflate my earnings.
GOOGLE IS CLAIMING THAT THEY ARE RETURNING MY EARNINGS TO THE ADVERTISERS! I WANT PROOF! it is my contention that Google makes a habit of enticing small little Bloggers like me to join AdSense,and then,as soon as they begin to make some real earnings,they pull the plug,and keep all the money for themselves.There are thousands like me,to small to fight,so grabbing a couple hundred bucks from each of us is just good business,as there are new bloggers everyday joining.
This is the only course of action that I can see making any difference.
I would gladly forfeit the money,it was the targeted ads that I miss,ads that where designed to help those with adictions or mental health problems,such as the one that helped this lady,as shown in this letter,which will be my last words on the subject,it is up to you dear reader,EMAIL GOOGLE TODAY!

Some call it serendipity. Some call it synchronicity. Some call it coincidence. I call it my guardian angel that bought me to the site of H. Douglas Forbes. My oldest son, age 24, has added joy, pain and a great many tears to our lives over the years. He could be a wonderful person, but he would go on bouts of violent and destructive behavior that seemed to come out of nowhere. As parents, we tried parenting classes, tough love (we had him arrested 3 times) and counseling. The psychologist told us he couldn’t help because my son refused to admit there was anything wrong. His violence was always followed by remorse. He would call himself useless and a loser. He would promise to change but the cycle would soon repeat itself. He would keep getting fired from jobs because he would fly off the handle at somebody and no one was prepared to put up with this kind of behavior.

Then I ran across Mr. Forbes’ site. I clicked a link to a rehab center because binge drinking was another of my son’s problems and in the index of that page a word caught my eye. The word was bi-polar. As I read that page it occurred to me that they may as well have my son’s name engraved into the site. We now have a word for my son’s problems. I showed the site to him and he has made a doctor’s appointment. For the first time in many years I feel hopeful. There is an honest chance for my son to have a normal life and I feel a tremendous amount of gratitude to Mr. Forbes. If he had not gone through the experiences that he writes about, and if he had not the courage to tell others about them, I would not have found an answer to our prayers.

Thank you Mr. Forbes…..you did good.

Shirley






HERE ARE SOME MORE REVIEWS,AND THEN FINALLY SOME CONTENT!

Doug Forbes has lived a life that plays out like an episode of Law and Order. His writing, like his life, is exciting and vibrant, fraught with pain and drama. From beginning to end, it holds the reader’s attention. No stranger to the seamy underbelly of society he can tell you stories that will shock you. You will never find this man boring.
The Babbling Bloggery

Welcome to my world!As you can plainly see.it's a tiny little place,just hanging there in space(oh no,don't start rhyming already!)
I have been affectionately called Mr.Adventureman(at least I think it was affectionately, wasn't it Meg?)Who's Meg?later,right now we are talking about me!
My father always told me that adversity builds character,and that is why I am such a character!
ON SOME OF THESE PAGES YOU NEED TO SCROLL DOWN BELOW THE ADS TO REACH THE STORY,SCROLL DOWN SLOWLY,YOU MAY FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE!
If you wish to skip the reviews and get right to my next story go here:
http://adventureman.blogspot.com/2005/09/lesson-learned.html
It's true I have lived a very varied life,from that as a very successful well off family man with a good job and a bright future,to that of a bum digging in garbage bins for food and if I found a refundable bottle,my day was off to a great start.
You will find this introduction at the beginning of each post,but every week or so,I will have a new tale to tell,all true(except for any confession of crimes,those of course are fiction!)
I owe the inspiration to this blog to Meg from the UK,a "penpal" I meet on line,here is some of what she said:
"hope you write back mr adventure man, you interest me"
" your autobiography could make a best seller,very interesting stuff, and said with a kind of humour too"
"Yes indeed, you have a great talent in writing, I love reading about people's lives"
"you should write a book, you have me transfixed. The way you write would keep readers glued to your words."
Here's some other comments made on previous works:
Sandee Rodgers said
"Definitely interesting reading.You should write for more pennies.Bless you in your perseverance"
mbp said...

"I am touched. If you could get this far, you can go further. All of us have our crosses to bear. That is life. We try to make the best of it, as we can. Good luck!"
Anonymous said...

"Quite an important story. Congratulations on conquering your "Little Foxes."
R.Smith(yeah right) said...

"WOW!and I thought i had an interesting life.Hang in there dude"
and finally my very best review of all,from my nineteen old daughter,who I had deserted over SIXTEEN years before:
"I would love to hear someday hear about all the in between then and now stuff.Anything you are comfortable telling me,I'm all ears.I am really proud of you Dad,and I'm happy that I get the chance to have you in my life."
Love your little girl Susan.
To be sure never to miss an episode of my CONTINUING ADVENTURES please send a reply to hdforbes@yahoo.ca with the word READ in the subject header,your name and address will never be revealed,not even under torture!
Don't forget,you can visit previous posts of mine with the links provided read what the critics are so excited about!
OKAY,I'M DONE BRAGGING! ON WITH THE STORY!!
http://adventureman.blogspot.com/2005/09/lesson-learned.html

To Join the H.Douglas Forbes fan club,an Unoffical organization(created without the prior knowledge or approval of Mr.Forbes),and which as its own rules and guidelines which may at times be in contrast with official policy,go to: ( see Anna,I kept my promise,now it's your turn QUIT DRINKING! you have my love and support girl)

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/adventureman

please,if you are leaving a comment,leave out the commercial,I will visit all links,but I WILL NEVER SIGN ON TO ANY PROMOTIONS,MLM's OR ANY OTHER DEAL YOU CAN THINK OF.I AM 100% INDEPENDENT and leave your email address!I am constantly being asked to give a critic,only I have no way to contact you

17 Comments:

At 4:41 AM , Blogger Lisa Lomas said...

Hello H.Douglas Forbes,

My name is Lisa I live in new Zealand I am not aware or understand too much of what you've been through but I respect a person that is willing for change and positivity so keep up the good work. Please take a look at my blog, its http://www.myblognetwork.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=powerbizcentral
You can find out more about me and my friends online at http://community.adlandpro.com/registerUser.aspx?ref=270210

Its where I spend my downtime and advertising time.

Kindest Regards with respect
Lisa Lomas
www.powerbizcentral.com

 
At 11:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mate,you are a brave one,i give you that,write to me so i can learn more adamf2u@yahoo.co.uk
and yeh i want to be told of your next one

 
At 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the Niche Film Audience, Studios Are Appealing by Blog
Movie studios typically advertise on television and in newspapers in search of the biggest possible opening-weekend audience.
Bookmarked, nice to see some decent content for a change. FYI have you seen this we've got a new feature, the 'Flag blog' button, which is inconveniently located between the 'Get Your Own Blog' and 'Next Blog' buttons so that we would presumably be getting some flags on error alone (although if one happens to notice it, you can unflag a blog). I don't know about this, what one person finds offensive is anothers cup of tea? Just my 2 cents, Horoscope Readings Online .

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The essence of a blog can be many things. You have certainly captured at least one of them. It will be interesting to see how your blog evolves over time.

The nascar 2003 setup site.

 
At 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winer's OPML Roadshow rolls into Berkeley
My old friend Dave Winer is taking a new tact in evangelizing his latest invention-driving cross country on barnstorming tour.
Hiya, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a create wealth site. It pretty much covers create wealth related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, if you want to see a lot of research on glyconutrition. I have a
diabetessite also. There is a lot of research on diabetes related stuff.
Check it out.

 
At 1:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cellphone Towers Sprouting Up In The Strangest Places
With the growth of cellphone usage comes an increasing amount of cellphone towers to supply the connectibility and reception of calls.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a hot tub site/blog. It pretty much covers
hot tub related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger sarahintampa said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure what you mean by a "shopping network" though?

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger toodles said...

Thanks for the visit. I have returned the favor to a mutual benefit

 
At 2:23 AM , Blogger Eko Prasetyo said...

you visit me, me visit you, me and you friends...

 
At 2:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good content!

ways to make money fast

 
At 3:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egypt bloggers spearhead anti-Mubarak dissent
Baheyya is Egyptian, pillories President Hosni Mubarak In an Egyptian presidential campaign that has failed to generate much enthusiasm, one of the hottest debates is taking place online in the country's ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Best free cellular phone wallpaper downloads site/blog. It pretty much covers free cellular phone wallpaper downloads and that kind of stuff.

Check it out if you get a minute :-) Bless You Indeed!!!

 
At 3:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Introducing the SDForum Search SIG
For our readers outside of Silicon Valley, the SDForum is a key local non-profit that is organizing a large number of events around different technologies, and a SIG focuses on a given technology or market.
Hey, great blog! Keep it up.

I have a digitalcamera site. It pretty much covers digitalcamera
related stuff.

Come and have a look if you get time :-)

 
At 7:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is revealing . As they say, "Strike the iron while it's hot." If you want to feel confident at any time, I think you'd be interested in self defense Free guide on self defense

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger no more said...

I've got alot of reading to do if your archive goes back to 1990, nice to find a little piece of someones life out there. Seems like so many blogs these days are promotional

 
At 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're having a great site. I enjoyed my visit. Keep it up. Please pay a visit at our site:
http://salemvoice.bravehost.com

Salem Voice is an inter denominational, charismatic and evangelistic ministries to win India and the third world unto the salvation of Jesus Christ through the proclamation of the Gospel by preaching, teaching, healing and evangelising as well as charities, child care and relief services. Rev. Paul Ciniraj, 51 years of age, was a Muslim by birth, who accepted Jesus as personal saviour and called for HIS ministry about 30 years ago is its Founder-Director.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Trafficmom said...

Bummer that you lost your Adsense account. Sadly,you have plenty of company. They will never reinstate it and they will never tell you the exact reason and they will not refund the money to the publishers. I lost my account also with $60 in it. Much of that traffic was driven to my pages by ads I place with Google Adwords. I was the advertiser as well as the publisher. No refunds came to my account. Google Adsense kept it all!

There is a new forum for us. Check it out here:
http://www.google-adsense-sucks.com/index.php

I see you have found other means for monetizing your site. You will be fine.

All the best,
Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home