Wednesday

MEMORY

ONCE AGAIN STORM CLOUDS FILL MY MIND.MEMORY:
The mental faculty of retaining and recalling past experience.
The act or an instance of remembering; recollection: spent the afternoon lost in memory.
All that a person can remember: It hasn't happened in my memory.
Something remembered: pleasant childhood memories.
Thus sayeth dictionary.com,my second newest best friend.
My newest best friend Meg,as asked me to tell of my earliest memories,and at first I thought,heh,no problem.I have a perfectly clear memory of an incidence concerning the relationship between a thundershower,a teddy bear,a broken window,and a scar.
There have been endless studies done on memory,and more and more,memory as been discovered to be often a mix of truth,perceived truth and imagination,in other words,we have "memories" of events,not as they actually happened,but as we wished they happened.
More and more eye-witness accounts are being discredited in the court rooms of the world every day.
Take seven people(FBI statistic),have them witness an event and there will be on average seven different interruptions and only one will be deemed accurate enough to be used at trial.Thus the deep and new reliance on forensic evidence over eye-witness.
In next few weeks I will be revealing in my new creation,THE VIEW FROM OUTSIDE http://anexconspeaks.blogspot.com/ a segment investigating several false convictions that were based on false eye-witness accounts,but yet the witnesses where not lying,to their mind they where telling the truth,it was just that their memories were false.
I, as usual regress,we were talking about my answer to Meg:

Dear Meg:
Thanks for the letter dear,as usual you inspire me,who knows what I would be doing if you had not come onto my life when and how you did.I think it would be very unlikely that I would be writting like I do in my Blog,instead I would prabably still trying to attract people to a web site through offering to teach them one thing or another.It is much nicer to have something like the CONTINUING ADVENTURES! where I can hopefully at least entertain a few people instead of just manipulating them to click on ad at some site offering no real substance.
My first memory,okay,I have to set the picture in your mind.
I grew up on a farm,I am sure I told you that before,and what is a farm,without a farm house.Now farm houses in those times and places where often very different from their counter parts in the towns and cities,and ours was to hold true to the rural form.
One did not just enter the home into a kitchen or living room,no we all had "porches"a room where you could remove your manure filled boots and hang your dirty coveralls etc.
In the more modern ones you would find a sink where one could clean up before entering the house.We were not modern( not at the time of this memory) and our Porch consisted of nothing but an unheated 10x10 foot room with hooks on two wall,and the cream separator set against the furthest,or cleanest wall.
The outside door of our porch had for a window in the door,either a glass window that locked into place by a few flaps,or this could be removed and replaced with a screen window,thus allowing some badly needed clean air to circulate.
It was the first hot day of the spring,and for some reason my Father ( adopted,I point out adopted,because I was always introduced as "our second adopted boy"I think they thought people would think they were some kind of wonderful couple to have given a home to an unwanted child,DAMN,I regress!) was only that day replacing the glass door window with the screen.
I followed my Daddy as much as possible( so I am told) always cluthcing a ragged old Teddy bear that had been handed down by an older cousin.Yep,poor Teddy Bear,I can still see him now,he was the Panda bear type,and prophetically had only one eye ( as I do now) and was hanging on by his last threads.Ragged as he was,he was all I had,and I loved him,of that memory,I have no doubt.
The glass window as been removed,the screen is in it's place.A fresh and welcome breeze is flowing through the house,helping to remove some of the odors that had accumulated through out the winter months.
In fact the breeze was now beginning to become a gale,the shy is darkening rapidly,the temperature dropping dramatically. Only those people who have lived through a violent prairie thunderstorm can relate.It is conditions like this that often precluded hail and tornadoes( that's another early memory story,surviving the tornado of 63)
Damn it Meg! tell me to get on with it!
Me,Teddy Bear, Father,screen window,glass window.Mother screaming "Johnnie! get that window changed,I just washed the porch floor,and the rain will be blown through.
In my excitement at "helping my Daddy" I run to follow him,one hand securely on my teddy bear.
Dad is taking the screen window off,the rain is pounding down outside,and sure enough,some of it is being blown on to the porch floor.The window is now an empty hole,neither screen nor glass was impeding me from showing my Teddy the weather outside.I am standing,holding teddy in both out strechted arms,letting him have a bath in the rain water coming down.
An angry man,(not my daddy,my daddy would not have done this right?) tears the bear from my hands,saying"You want to wreck your fucking bear?FINE! and teddy is ripped to pieces.I am spun around and violently thrown against the wall,and that may have been the end of the story,except for the glass window which was leaning against the wall I landed on.
And that,for what ever reason is my earliest memory,and I hope it gives you some of the insight you are seeking.
Oh,yeah,I started of by saying how unreliable early memory can be,I also started off by comparing a thunderstorm,a teddy bear and a broken window,and a scar.
It is the scar that lends credence to this memory,both the six inch scar on my ass where it was cut by the broken window( talk about blood!),and by the scar on my heart for the lose of my teddy bear!
Well I think I have bored you enough for today,can't wait for you to inspire me again.Thank you Meg,for all you've done.When are you going to leave that husband of yours and be mine! HA.HA!

PLEASE LIMIT YOUR COMMENTS TO THIS STORY OR OTHERS.I WILL NEVER SIGN ON WITH YOUR MLM"s OR ANY OTHER PROGRAM.
If you hav a web site with ads,I would love to visit and look over yours to compare to mine,email me your URL's to hdforbes@yahoo.ca and put PLEASE VISIT in the subject line.
PLEASE REMEMBER AS WELL,MY SPONSORS DESERVE YOUR ATTENTION! till we meet again.......................

1 Comments:

At 7:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thankyou for your blog, written in my honour, that in itself honours me.
Society forgets to explain the concepts of the crime from an adult, when the child was educated into coping with survival the best way that it can.
By teaching the child without malice, you eliminate the crime.
Thankyou Doug for sharing so much of who you were and who you are now, with the world.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home