Sunday

LISA


A most peaceful place,that's where She is now.I imagine that it is Her under that tree,I need only to do well enough,and I will be able to join Her.

ROBIN:
When he asked me to write this for him,my first reaction was NO WAY!
How could I tell the whole world what my sis had told me in confidence,and even if I was to reveal it all,wouldn't that just cause all the old pain to return?Hell it just about killed him before,not to mention all the people he almost killed!
Okay,I'll try,but I am only going to lay the ground work,then will turn it back to him,it's his damn Blog,and She was his Wife,it's his story to tell.
Lisa had been my best friend for almost as long as could remember,I been there through it all with Her,the drugs,the drinks,and I was there every time some man had treated her wrong.She sure could pick them,bad boys all,She joked that Ted Bundy was her Hero,and I think part of her wasn't joking!
This choice of mates most likely came from some deep rooted "minister's daughter" complex,if you know what I mean.

I don't mean Her Daddy was a Minister,he was actually a noted cardio( oh HELL HEART DOC!)(I can't spell to good) but she was raised as Daddy's Little Princess with ballet lessons to boot!
She had three older brothers,all very successful,very educated(hell,one is the director or what ever of the Mendel Art Gallery,but she was raised not to worry about education,she was a Lady,and they just didn't bother with such things,some rich man would marry Her,and that would be that.
Those were Her Father's plans,her were WAY different!
Lets skip ahead here,this is about Lisa and Patch,not her past before him.
I was there the day She first laid eyes on him,and let me tell you,it was both of us that had the instant hots for him!
There he stood at the door way,squinting the way people do when entering a dark room from the bright sunshine.
It was March 17th 1996,Her 42nd birthday. St Patricks day.We were drinking green beer.It seems like suddenly the bar went silent for a second,then it seem to come alive,with 3/4 of the people all getting up and approaching him.Who ever he was,he was well known,and by the reaction of people,you could tell He had been away a while,and just from his appearance I knew where he'd been,
He stood 6'2"and looked to be around 19o lbs and he was BUILT!
His upper body was crammed into a way to tight black T-Shirt,exposing rippling muscles,his arms where ridged with popping veins,even His hands seemed like they just come out of the gym.His black jeans on the other hand looked like they were ready to fall off,as if he had just lost a lot of pounds of the gut and butt!(and His butt.... o'girl..let me tell you..
Yep,we knew where he'd been,when someone walked into this Bar looking like that,it meant just one thing,he's just got out of Prison!
We both wanted in the worst way for him to notice us,but He was swamped by people who knew Him,and I had already over heard three girls ask Him to pick them for His "straightener"(joint slang for first piece of tail after getting out)( H.D.F)
We were new comers to this bar,we had only become "regulars" about three months ago,after Lisa split with Ed and started living close by,so He had never seen us before,and despite our teasing back and forth,neither one of us got the nerve to approach Him.
Just about the time our courage was fueled enough from the booze,he was gone,with about a half dozen following Him.
That was in March,like I've said,we never saw Him again till probably about the middle of May,any how,it was the first Slow Pitch game of the season,and until this day,every first game is dedicated to Her,and the "Story"is retold,and that is where I will let Patch take over for a while.

Patch:(aka Doug,aka H.Douglas Forbes,aka the ADVENTUREMAN! aka oh shut up!
Robin's dead wrong about one thing,that first day in the bar she talks about that I never took any notice of them,and nothing could be further from the truth.
First off I have never in my life walked into a Bar without noticing absolutely everything and everybody,I can honestly say I would not be alive today if I did not have that little idiosyncrasy.
I more than noticed them,I asked everybody there who they were,but (and here I am sorry Robin,my sis) I only had an eye for one,the 5'2"110 lb beauty with the long black hair.
I wanted to make a move towards them,but my "posse" had different plans for me,and after being locked up for a year,I wanted the "sure" thing,or maybe even two of them!
I would hunt another day.
Where Robin is correct,it was May,in fact it was the long week-end in May,when we take a day off to by respect to the Queen by celebrating Her Birhday.
I was there to play a little ball,but mostly to "network"as I was re-establishing my pharmacutical business and was always looking to "hook up"
This was a Hotel/Restaurant leaque,and where ever you find service people,you will find drugs,both to be sold to,as well as to supply you.Please hold off on the cards and letter,I speak only from my own experiences.
The ball game "story"is like Robin said, a classic,one that is repeated every year,I always find out about the re-telling from some well wisher or another.
However,no one knows the whole truth behind it,at least not the living,no one that is except one: ME and be sure to return here next week and I will tell it to you!


DO ANY OF THE ADS HERE INTEREST YOU?
WHAT TYPE OF ADVERTISING WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE? PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!






2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you leave it like this, come back and finish the story.... aaarrrghhhh!

 
At 12:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you leave us in suspense, you must come back and finish what you started.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home